Chronic constipation is infrequent bowel movements that persists for several weeks or longer. Constipation is a universal digestive disorder spanning through people of all ages. Chronic constipation may also cause excessive straining to have a bowel movement and other signs and symptoms. Naturopathy treatment for constipation involves a host of natural home remedies. It starts with determining the causes and suggesting all natural remedial treatment. Constipation may be considered chronic if you've experienced two or more of the below symptoms for the last three months. The most effective Yoga to enhance digestion and help relieve constipation and inflammation is chakrasana, cobra pose, triangle pose etc. Nothing beats the health benefits of yoga. The benefits of 30 minutes of regular walk are unprecedented
Signs and symptoms of chronic constipation include:
- Passing fewer than three stools a week
- Having lumpy or hard stools
- Straining to have bowel movements
- Feeling as though there's a blockage in your rectum that prevents bowel movements
The following can help you avoid developing chronic constipation.
- Include plenty of high-fibre foods in your diet, including beans, vegetables, fruits, whole grain cereals and bran.
- Eat fewer foods with low amounts of fibre such as processed foods, and dairy and meat products.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay as active as possible and try to get regular exercise.
- Try to manage stress.
- Don't ignore the urge to pass stool.
- Try to create a regular schedule for bowel movements, especially after a meal.
- Make sure children who begin to eat solid foods get plenty of fibre in their diets.
At Nirvana we recommend A high fibre diet, at least 25 gms of fibre for women and 35gm for men. Add prunes, raspberries, pears, apples, lentils, beans and almonds to daily meal, high fibre diet helps restore the balance in the gut and heals chronic constipation.
We also use hydrotherapy, mud therapy, massages, fruit juices and various other methods for more relief.